Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Oh my... Look at these tiny books!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]smile.gif[/img] That is what I am thinking too.

  2. #12
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Wow, these are amazing! My other passion is also books. I have a whole library just for me, sounds fun to do it for my dolls too. I'm a little astounded at how much this could add up to though. First three at 1.95 plus .95 each for shipping = $8.70 for first three. Next 97 at 7.95 each plus 1.95 for shipping = $960.30. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] And I bet they don't send the bookcase until you've bought all the books. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 30, 2006 01:47 AM: Message edited by: JenniferRobin ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like them, but from what I see they are very expensive for the whole set! And I think most of those books are public domain. I think I'll bind my own set (I was taught bookbinding in college).

  4. #14
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I absolutely agree on the overall cost being outrageous! But I think those first three books would still be pretty nice to have. It says you can cancel at any time, and you do not have to provide credit card info or anything. I feel safe enough to get the first three at least. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They were in our newspaper this past Sunday & the first thing I thought is that they would be cute AG books. Great minds think alike, huh? I won't order any because I would forget to cancel & end up w/ $900+ in mini-books. [img]eek.gif[/img] Please post book pictures when they arrive. I never found any dimensions listed for the books or bookcase in my ad. Curious to see the actual size w/ an AG.

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I bookmarked it...... hehehe [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There was an add for this same collection on the NY Times weekend mag a couple months ago.
    I thought along the same lines as all of you: the first 3, great! The rest wicked expensive!
    So I ordered the first 3 and they are soooo cute!!! They are 2inches by 2and 3/4 with half an inch thickness.
    My Kiana (the doll I keep at the office) is a total book worm, so she loved them!
    The titles were: Tolstoy's "The Death of Ivan Ilych", Dickens' "A Christmas Carol", and Stevenson's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
    So we have two great holiday reads for Halloween and Xmas!
    I cancelled right after that and they did not bother me at all.

    Next thing I did was call AG CS and ask for replacement parts for all the books that AG ever produced for the girls! They run an average of $2 each and are so cute!

    On a separate (but related) line: Borders carries a miniatured boxed set of 11 (weird number!) books from the Peter Rabbit collection. Very cute, and in a great boxed format.
    They also carry what looks like a CD case with a set of 36 colored pencils inside.
    Yup! Dolls, books, colored pencils... and I am in paradise! (well... then there's chocolate!)
    [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Ana

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 30, 2006 11:13 AM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

  8. #18
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you so much! The only material thing I love as much as my dolls are books. How awesome to combine the two passions. Thanks again! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I would like to try these, but have never done this kind of mail ordering before. If you're going to try them, Anna, would you mind posting (or PM'ing me) and let us know how it works?

  10. #20
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would be glad to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •